Publication Date: September 5, 2012 | ISBN-10: 1455745723 | ISBN-13: 978-1455745722 | Edition: 1 Spi Pro
Elsevier and the American Medical Association have partnered to co-publish this ICD-9-CM reference by Carol J. Buck! Maximize your efficiency and effectiveness with Carol J. Buck’s 2013 ICD-9-CM for Physicians, Volumes 1 & 2 – Professional Edition. Combining Netter’s Anatomy artwork and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) with a format designed by coders for coders, this handy, spiral-bound reference gives you easy access to the information you need to stay up to date and ensure the most accurate billing and optimal reimbursement in physician-based coding. Plus, you can take this resource into certification exams for enhanced testing support!
- Exclusive focus on ICD-9-CM, Volumes 1 and 2
- provides clear, concise coverage of physician-based coding essentials.
- Full-color Netter’s Anatomy artwork
- clarifies complex anatomic information to help you appropriately code related procedures.
- Use Additional Digit(s)
- in the index identifies codes that require an additional digit to remind you to check the tabular.
- The Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) are listed within the lists of codes and in a separate index for fast, easy access to the coding rules when you need them.
- provide detailed information on common diseases and conditions, helping you code more effectively.
- throughout the text alert you to new, revised, and deleted codes and clearly identify codes that require special consideration before assigning symbols, including Not First-Listed Diagnosis, Unspecified Code, Includes and Excludes, and Use Additional.
- Additional hints, tips and definitions
- within specific codes provide extra guidance in coding anatomy, pathophysiology, or other coding directions.
- References to the American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinics® help you find expanded information about specific codes and their usage.
- Age and Sex
- alert you to codes that are used only with patients of a specific age or sex, helping to ensure accurate reporting.
- and Code Also codes
- highlight government text needing special attention.
- Coding updates
- on the companion codingupdates.com website keep you informed of changes to ICD codes.
- Florida Physicians and Practice Settle False and…
- Coding Specialist - North Okaloosa Physicians Group…
- From the 2019 CDI Summit: Want Physicians to Pay…
- CMS Pilot Gives Physicians Access to Beneficiary…
- Coder I - Medical Oncology Physicians Clinic - Days - FT
- Certified Professional Coder - Physician Biller -…