The Cures Act gives patients unprecedented power over their own health data. HIM professionals will play a big part in helping consumers wield it responsibly and securely.
In the Issue
- “Evaluation and Management in 2021: What every HIM Professional Needs to Know (Part 2)” By G. Elizbeth Wilson, MA, RHIA, CCS, CDIP, CPC, CRC, CEMC, CPMA, CPCO, CHC
- “Lessons Learned During the Pandemic” By Laurie M. Johnson, MS, RHIA, FAHIMA, and Lynn A. Wall, MBA, RHIT, CCS, CDIP
- “Is Case Mix Index Still a Relevant Key Performance Indicator?” By Cheryl Ericson, RN, MS, CCDS, CDIP
- “Highlights of the 2021 CPT Code Updates” By Leigh Poland, RHIA, CCS
- “2021 OPPS Overview/Update” By Cari Greenwood, RHIA, CCS, CPC
Voices in HIM
- “Kindness as a Leadership Principle” By Rebecca Harmon, MPM, RHIA, CCA
- “Implementing Computer-Assisted Coding at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System” By George Redd-Hachey, MSML, CCS, CCDS, CHDA, CHPS
Everyday HIM (Profile)
- CEO’s Message
- President’s Message
Click here to access recent articles, including those in this issue, that have a CE quiz available.
Print articles from the current issue back to 1998 are available in the AHIMA Body of Knowledge. (Full access requires member log in, but some articles are available for public viewing.)
Syndicated from https://journal.ahima.org/january-february-2021/