A lot of questions have been coming in to us lately about CEUs. Check out this FAQ to get answers about keeping your credential current using TCI SuperCoder resources.
Does TCI SuperCoder Offer Free CEUs?
Yes, TCI SuperCoder offers at least six free educational webinars per year. If you attend a live webinar, you can earn one AAPC-approved CEU (Continuing Education Unit). In some cases, the webinar may offer specialty CEUs, so be sure to check which credits are available from an individual webinar.
Everyone is welcome to attend a free live webinar to earn a CEU. (Please note that “live” means at the time of the initial live presentation. CEUs from archived free webinars are available only to those with a paid subscription to a TCI SuperCoder online coding package or newsletter.)
Are All of Your Webinars Free?
No, TCI SuperCoder offers both free webinars and webinars attendees must pay to join. Check the web page for the specific webinar to determine whether it is free.
Does SuperCoder Bolt Provide CEUs?
Customers with a paid subscription to one of our online coding packages or TCI newsletters may take quizzes to earn 12 CEUs per year from our free e-newsletter, SuperCoder Bolt. There are 24 issues per year, with each issue offering a quiz worth 0.5 CEU.
Everyone is welcome to sign up for Bolt, which includes five TCI articles in each issue along with TCI SuperCoder news and FAQs. But only those customers with a paid subscription, as explained above, may earn CEUs from Bolt quizzes.
Are There CEUs Included With Purchase of Online Coding Packages?
Yes, most of our online coding packages include CEU opportunities at no extra cost. You’ll need to check your specific package to determine the total number of CEUs and the source of the CEUs. Here’s an overview of the major packages:
- Code Search: 6 CEUs from webinars, 12 CEUs from Bolt (18 total)
- Fast Coder: 6 CEUs from webinars, 12 CEUs from Bolt (18 total)
- Multispecialty Coder: 6 CEUs from webinars, 12 CEUs from Bolt, 14 CEUs from Survival Guides (32 total)
- Physician Coder: 6 CEUs from webinars, 12 CEUs from Bolt, 14 CEUs from Survival Guides, 6 CEUs from your TCI newsletter (some newsletters may offer specialty CEUs) (38 total)
- Outpatient Facility Coder: 6 CEUs from webinars, 12 CEUs from Bolt, 14 CEUs from Survival Guides, 6 CEUs from TCI newsletter (38 total)
- DRG Coder or MS-DRG Grouper Plus: 6 CEUs from webinars, 12 CEUs from Bolt, 14 CEUs from Survival Guides (32 total per package).
Where Can I Find CEU Quizzes and Certificates?
To access your CEU quizzes and certificates, log in to your TCI SuperCoder account and select My SuperCoder/CEU Tracker from the top menu. The CEU Tracker shows you information like the source of the CEU (such as a newsletter issue), the number of CEUs that quiz provides, whether you have passed the quiz, and options to take the quiz or download your CEU certificate.
What About You?
What questions do you have about CEUs from TCI SuperCoder for your medical coding certification?