Prepare to cast your vote in the annual AHIMA leadership election, taking place online July 12–26. The candidates’ biographies, position statements, videos, and more are available on AHIMA.org. Click on each candidate’s name to view their full profile on the page. You can also learn about the candidates on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Search for the hashtag #AHIMAElection21. This information will also be made available in the AHIMA Ballot once the AHIMA Election opens.
The 2021 ballot candidates were chosen by the AHIMA Nominating Committee based on their qualifications, attributes, and skill sets. The committee’s job is to identify, review, and select qualified candidates for the AHIMA Board of Directors, Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management, and Council for Excellence in Education, as well as the Speaker-elect of the House of Delegates (HoD).
Identified qualifications and attributes for each position are specified in the Handbook on AHIMA Elected Positions. Additionally, each position has a specific set of competencies that includes a priority legend.
The nomination process is as follows:
- The Nominating Committee solicits interested, eligible members for the elected positions through outreach to CSAs, volunteer groups, past volunteers, promotion in AHIMA publications, and networking.
- Applicants complete an online application and submit a resume/CV and photo.
- The committee then reviews all applications.
- A two-person interview team from the Nominating Committee conducts a 30-minute interview with each applicant.
- The Nominating Committee meets for a two-day meeting to review all applicants. The full Committee conducts a 30-minute interview with the President-elect applicants. Then the candidates are chosen based on their interviews, applications, and the identified competencies for the position.
2021 AHIMA Election Ballot Candidates
This year’s candidates are as follows:
President/Chair-elect (1 open position)
- Seth J. Katz, MPH, RHIA, FAHIMA
- Jennifer E. Mueller, MBA, RHIA, FACHE, FAHIMA
Board Directors (3 open positions)
- Nancy J. Andersen, MS, RHIA, CCS, CHC
- Thea Campbell, MBA, RHIA
- Alicia Delaney, RHIA
- Evan T. Harmon, MHI, RHIA
- Ryan H. Sandefer, PhD
- Kristen T. Shoup, MBA, RHIA, CHFP
CCHIIM Commissioners (2 open positions)
- Sandra D. Frey, RHIT, CCS
- Stacy R. Hartstine, RHIT, CCS
- Lorie B. Mills, RHIT, CCS
- Linda D. Williams, MHA, RHIA
CEE Council Member (2 open positions)
- Patricia S. Coffey, RHIA, CPHI, CPHIMS
- Sarah S. Laird, RHIA, CCS
- April L. Martin, DBA, RHIA, CHPS, CHDA, CDIP, CCS, CRC, CRCR, CPCO, CPB, CIC, FAHIMA
- Elizabeth Rockendorf, MS, RHIA, CHTS-IM, CHPS
Speaker–elect of the House of Delegates (1 open position)
- Brian R. Bennighoff, RHIA, CTR
- Susan P. Scully, MS, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA
Election Begins Monday, July 12
The AHIMA election begins Monday, July 12 at 8 a.m. CT and runs through Monday, July 26, 2021 at 5 p.m. CT. All AHIMA members are eligible to vote, with the exception of student members. Cast your vote for the next set of health information leaders.
Please send any questions to [email protected].
AHIMA thanks the members of the 2021 Nominating Committee:
Mona Y. Calhoun, MS, MEd, RHIA, FAHIMA
Dianna M. Foley, RHIA, CHPS, CDIP, CCS
Erin E. Head, MBA, RHIA, CHDA, CCS, CHTS-TR
Lakesha Kinnerson, MPH, RHIA, CPHQ
Marie I. Kostival, MBA, RHIA, CHPS, PMP, FAHIMA
Grissel Pabon, MS, RHIA, CDIP, CCS, CCS-P
Karen C. Searcy, RHIA, CPC, CPB
Diann H. Smith, MS, RHIA, CHP, FAHIMA
Valerie J.M. Watzlaf, PhD, MPH, RHIA, FAHIMA
Ex-Officio Member—AHIMA CEO
Wylecia Wiggs Harris, PhD, CAE
Leave a commentSyndicated from https://journal.ahima.org/ahima-election-2021/